Tuesday, February 12, 2008

L'Incontro Ristorante Italiano

L'Incontro which translates to 'the meeting point', is a restaurant that caters authentic northern Italian cuisine. The atmosphere is very homey; with comfortably low lights and Italian countryside decor... most government ambassadors are brought here. The staffs are attentive and pleasant. The menu is comprehensive, and above all the food is great!

While waiting for orders, they will give you complimentary bread basket with basil and tomato dip.
I always love soup so soup it is...

Mushroom soup - It has a deep mushroom flavor, not too thick, not too thin, distinctive and comforting!

Tomato soup - Not my order though, but the picture itself is a tease - Isn't it?

Seafood with olive oil and garlic(was it?). The pasta is cooked just right and fresh, although I think I kinda miss a little sauce in my pasta that time.
Margarita Pizza- Pizza is good and flavorsome, served in a thin crust but I found it a bit flat(see pix). Well I have to agree with Sakai, the pizza of Cafe Caruso is by far better.
Lastly dessert, another freebies. According to the waiter this is pizza dough cut, fried and topped with powdered sugar.

This is indeed a good date place. Ok, I know what you're thinking - No it's not a date and I'm not being defensive...seriously!

But, to be fair and honest my experienced here was a bit disappointing / terrifying - Here's why? I was enjoying my food and the place until a roach crawled in my friend legs =( So there I was eating in indian sit position and a little paranoid in my surroundings. The waiter wiped-off the roach, apologized and explained that they sprayed pesticide early on and offered complimentary wine but we opt not to drink.

I'm not really sure if they are giving away red rose after dining but I got one...

That's all!

L'Incontro Ristorante Italiano
207 Nicanor Garcia (formerly Reposo) Street
Makati City
+63 2 899 0635

1 comments:

Est Vanguardia said...

yes, they do give roses though mine was orange not red. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin