GEEESSSSSSSHHH!!! I have strong adverse and tremendous feeling about fare hike, I blame it to the gasoline prices rising daily.
Attention fellow Philippine commuters:
The fare increase will take effect tomorrow or this Friday.
Here’s the breakdown of the minimum fare:
- Jeepney - from P8.00 to P8.50
- Ordinary bus - from P9.00 to P10.00
- Air-conditioned bus - from P11.50 to P12.50
- Taxi - additional P10 to the fare (not added to flag down rate to reduce the cost of calibration for taxi owners
Source: Philippine daily Inquirer & Calvin
The transport fare increase that’s suppose to happen today or Friday is not going to take place all at the same time. Here’s the final transport fare increase and the schedule when it’s going to be implemented.
Friday (July 11)
- Ordinary bus - P10
- Air-conditioned - P12 (not P12.50)
Monday (July 14)
- Jeepney - P8.50
For taxis, the 10 pesos additional will be implemented July 25 the earliest and as long as they have the notice sticker on their car.
Don’t get fooled. Save those few pesos.